Tax Senior or Assistant Manager | Big 4 Firm | Cork
About the jobOur Tax Professionals help businesses meet demands for tax reporting, compliance, planning, tax policy and controversy management in a fast-paced technology enabled business world.
Excellent opportunity to join our growing Big 4 tax practice where you will be part of a high-performing team.
Our globally coordinated tax practice combines our exceptional knowledge and experience with the people and cutting-edge technology platforms locally to make us a market leader for tax. You will receive exposure to some of the most diverse and exciting clients working with the latest tax technology solutions in the market. We are currently seeking applications from suitable candidates to join the tax practice at Senior/Assistant Manager level.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage a client portfolio and work as part of a team on larger clients/projects.
- Day-to-day delivery of client solutions and ongoing management of client expectations.
- Manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and a practical/business driven approach.
- Build a network within the firm to optimise cross-selling opportunities and leverage the latest technologies available.
- Dealing with Irish Revenue enquiries.
- Practice management including billing, budgeting and monitoring WIP.
- Contribute to winning new work by proactively managing existing client portfolios, identifying further opportunities and contribute to winning new clients.
- Reporting directly to Senior Management including Tax Partners.
- Strong technical skills and keen ambition to develop further.
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards.
- Client focused and commercially aware.
- Ability to build strong client relationships and professional networks.
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations, both written and oral.
- Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations and efficient and successful delivery of tax services.
- Project management skills, ability to plan and prioritize work, and to meet deadlines.
- Team player; ability to integrate and build effective relationships at all levels.
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output.
- AITI qualified / part-qualified with 1-2 years’ relevant Corporate Tax experience.
- Effective working knowledge of Corporation Tax in Ireland or internationally.
- Accounting qualification would be desirable but not obligatory.
- Some practice background in Assurance or Tax would be favourable.
- Someone interested in joining a dynamic team who wants to develop their business tax expertise and broaden their experience in a fast moving, technology enabled business world.
- A team player with a strength in coaching and developing others.
- A good work ethic and openness to new challenges.
- Commercial awareness and ability to develop business opportunities in order to generate growth within the firm.
- Excellent communicator with an aptitude to build and manage key client relationships and internal network.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with flexible benefits you can select that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Clarity will call you back before sending your CV to the client